Skip to content
Resident Return Visa 155 & 157
- This visa is a permanent resident visa for current or former Australian permanent residents to travel overseas and return to Australia.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THIS VISA
- Live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if you qualify
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
WHO CAN APPLY
- Former Australian citizens.
- Current or former Australian permanent residents.
- You have not become an Australian citizen.
- You have returned to Australia within 3 years of departure.
- You were issued an Authority to Return (ATR) between 1 March 1976 and 30 October 1979.
- You were issued a Return Endorsement (RE) between 1 November 1979 and 31 December 1986.
- Your documents are still valid and have not been cancelled.
- You have not been granted another visa since 1 September 1994.
HOW TO APPLY
- You can be in or outside Australia.